Welcome to Sunday School at Gloria Dei
2012-2013 year – Starts September 9th
- Ages: 3yr old – 6th grade
- Sundays: 9:45-10:45am
- Location: Begin in the Sanctuary, then move into downstairs classrooms
- Teachers: Congregation members, most have at least 5 years of experience teaching Sunday School at Gloria Dei!
- Why: Because this is a great place for children to explore who they are as a child of God!, and to become comfortable in their church home.
Welcome! This letter includes information about our upcoming Sunday School year at Gloria Dei. I hope that you will make Christian Education a priority in your family schedule this year. You’ll find lots of information in this letter, including: Rally Day highlights, a Registration Form, Church Nursery information, a brief description of the Milestone Ministry Program, and some Sunday School dates for your calendar. Please let me know if I can answer any questions for you, or if you have any suggestions about Sunday School at Gloria Dei. I look forward to working with you as your child explores their faith!
Director of Youth and Family Ministry
630-968-6231 ext. 105
RALLY DAY – September 9th - 9:45-10:45am
The official kick off to the Sunday School Year
- Add your name to the 2012-2013 Sunday School banner
- Meet our great teaching teams – find your classroom locations
- Jump into fun and fellowship with your classmates in our bouncy house
- Parent meeting (hear what’s planned at Gloria Dei for your child)
- Follow it all up with the church picnic (after the 11am worship service)
SUNDAY SCHOOL REGISTRATION FORM – Everyone should fill one out!
Your child’s safety is a top priority. Therefore, all parents should fill out the a registration form (even if we already have one from a previous year, even if there aren’t any changes). We want to be SURE our information is current.
NURSERY AVAILABLE DURING SUNDAY SCHOOL
- Our church nursery is available from 8:15-12:15 on Sunday Mornings
- The nursery is staffed by Sharon Bauzys (or approved substitute) each week
- This may free up parents to visit a Bible Study, Adult Forum, or even to just connect casually with other parents during the Sunday School hour
- Each parent will receive a pager when you drop your child off, so that there is always a way for the nursery to contact you if necessary.
The Milestone ministry program runs throughout the year, and was created to encourage and help facilitate families to live out the promises made the day of their child’s baptism. Come discover the “faith stepping stones” we celebrate each month at Gloria Dei.
Each milestone includes a child learning piece, parent learning piece, recognition and celebration during worship, and a small stone as a reminder of each.
Hear more about the milestones at the Adult Form on September 16th (in the chapel), you will find a schedule of milestones below. We encourage you to find the ones that apply to your child, and mark the dates on your family calendar today.
|Starting Sunday School||September 16||3 year olds (or those new to our PK class)|
|Reading God’s Word||October 7||3rd Grade|
|Entry to Confirmation||October 7||6th Grade|
|Welcome to Worship!||November 4||4 year olds|
|Learning to Talk to God||December 2||Kindergarten|
|Kids and Money||January 27||1st Grade|
|First Communion||February 24||ages will vary (typically our 5th graders)|
|Lord’s Prayer||March 17||2nd Grade|
|Apostles’ Creed||April 7||4th Grade|
|One Year Anniversary||May 5||those Baptized within the past year|
|Affirmation of Baptism||May 19||8th Grade|
IMPORTANT SUNDAY SCHOOL DATES
|September 9||Rally Day|
|November 25||Family Sunday School Day|
|December 23||Family Sunday School Day|
|December 30||No Sunday School|
|March 24||Family Sunday School Day|
|March 31||Easter – No Sunday School|
|May 19||Final Day of 2012-2013 Sunday School Year|
*What is a Family Sunday School Day? A day when everyone is invited to attend together! (usually near a holiday or school break). Families are invited to rotate through a variety of crafts, games, snacks, and other activities together or with Sunday School friends.